This is my second year on Instagram and it’s one of the few social media networks that I enjoy using. You can find me at @bohemiantraveler.
This year I’ve posted from Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Oman, the United States, and several countries in Europe. Mobile photography (photos from my mobile phone) is a bit different than traditional photography, but it’s a fun, less abrasive alternative to lugging around and sticking a big camera in front of someone’s face.
This year I wrote a post with tips for improving mobile photography.
Here are 2014’s top 5 Instagram shots:
5. The east coast of Taiwan sure is scenic. Rent a bicycle and pedal you way along the rice fields.
4. Borneo is famous for its sunsets. There are few places I’ve seen more consistent beautiful sunsets. I would make a special effort to see at least two sunsets every week when I lived on Borneo.
3. The water villages of Malaysia are one of the special aspects of this country with a long coastline. Here is the water village in Kota Kinabalu, close to where I lived.
2. How many sunsets did you see last year? Take time this year to slow down and enjoy these moments.
1. One of the highlights of my trip to Taiwan was a ride along the Qingshui Cliffs on the east coast of the country. Rent a scooter in the morning when traffic is light, and just ride!
KK Sunset! Ah, memory!